What To Ask Before Planning For Retirement
Most people planning for their retirement usually have an idea of when they would like to retire and how much income they will need in retirement to live the lifestyle of their choice. However, their retirement plan cannot be completed until the below questions are answered:
- How much capital do you need at retirement to provide the income desired?
- What investment return do you need to achieve on your existing investments to accumulate the necessary capital by retirement?
- Will you outlive your capital?
- Are you on track to accumulate the required capital by retirement?
- If not, what is the your current strategy for improving your situation?
- Do you have the ability to save the required amount without affecting your current lifestyle?
- How do you structure your existing assets?
What To Expect From A Retirement Plan
At BRG, we can tailor a Retirement Report for you which will be based on your personal circumstances, In addition, a Bailey Roberts Retirement Report will also provide you with:
- Your current financial position.
- Your retirement lifestyle objectives specified in measurable terms.
- The quantum of income producing assets at retirement to achieve your retirement lifestyle objectives in a superannuation and non-superannuation environment.
- The quantum of income producing assets you will accumulate at retirement based on your current wealth creation strategy.
- The magnitude of any shortfall (or surplus) of income producing assets at retirement. In the event of a shortfall we will recommend the most suitable wealth creation strategy for your individual circumstances.
- The yield required on your investments to retirement.
- General tax advice on sale of your assets at retirement, including sale of business assets (if applicable).